Welcome to the Town of Jordan!
Jordan is a town in Green County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 577 at the 2000 census. The unincorporated community of Jordan Center is located in the town.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 36.0 square miles (93.3 km²), of which, 36.0 square miles (93.2 km²) of it is land and 0.03% is water.
The first settlement, within the limits now comprising the town of Jordan, was made by William Brazel. In 1836, he raised the first corn and in 1837 raised the first crop of wheat in the township. Others to follow him were: John and George Shelton from Virginia in 1836, Lars Larson Bothan from Norway in 1843, brothers Ole Iverson from Vik, Norway in 1843 and Axel Iverson from Voss, Norway in 1844, Curtis Hard and Henry Crary in 1845. At the junction of Jordan Creek and the Pecatonica River, the early settlers believed there would some day be a city. Steamboats came up the river to that point in 1845.